Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to book my expedition in advance?
Yes, we strongly reccomend for you to book your trip in advance. Depending on your month of travel the trip is most likely to sell out. Whilst it's hard to gauge how quickly the Philippines tourism will return, it's worth to note that before Covid almost all of our trips were sold out in advance.
What is the Deposit Payment and Remainder Payment
To reserve your place on the expedition we collect an online deposit of 40% of the total amount of the trip fee. Then, on the day of your trip, we collect the remainder 60% of the amount of the trip fee in person in cash (local currency or USD) prior to the departure.
Do we sleep on the boat?
No. Every night around sunset we arrive at our own island for the evening. Here you will sleep in either a native cottage or a tent for the night, staring at the stars.
When is the best time to visit Palawan?
Palawan's good weather season is from October through to June. This is peak season and also when we run our Group Expeditions, we run private expeditions all year round. From July-September there is a high chance of storms.
What is included in the BDBM Expeditions?
Everything you should need while you are with us. There is a fee to enter every sight/island/lake which is covered, your accomodation is included, food and drink (including rum), masks, snorkels, crew, chef, service, entertainment, the complete BDBM experience.
Also you become a part of our social projects which you will find out more about during your trip.
What is not included in the BDBM Expeditions?
Personal luxury items, home comforts, music speakers, towels, bug spray, suncream and a tip for the crew.
I'm booked on the trip, but now I can't go! What do I do?
Oh no! Well no worries, if you can let us know prior to one month of your expedition date then we will be able to give you a refund of your deposit less a 2,500 PHP cancellation fee/person.
Within one month of your expedition date the deposit is non-refundable.